Welcome to the Information Management Portal. By accessing and using the system you agree to the terms and conditions detailed below (the "Terms") governing how you the access and use the Portal. In this agreement "You", "Your" or "User" all refer to your use of the Portal. The Portal is maintained by the Chief Executive of Skills Funding Agency (referred to below as "The Skills Funding Agency" and on behalf of the Education Funding Agency for England ("the EFA").
- You are responsible for obtaining all necessary licences for using any database content ("Data") contained in the Portal.
- You must abide by the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998, The UK Computer Misuse Act 1990 and all appropriate Copyright legislation.
- The Skills Funding Agency and the EFA reserves the right to restrict access to any Data to certain groups of users ("User Groups").
- The Skills Funding Agency and the EFA seeks to maintain a continuous presence online, but does not guarantee continuous service and accepts no liability for any interruptions to service. The Portal is not guaranteed as error-free and is provided 'As Is'. All other warranties including those relating to accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose (either express or implied) are, to the full extent permitted by law, excluded. In addition, to the full extent permitted by law, in no event will the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA be liable for any loss including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss, or any damages arising from loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Portal.
- You must not allow any other person to use Your account and must keep confidential all passwords and security devices relating to Your account.
- The Skills Funding Agency and the EFA reserves the right (but not the obligation) without liability, to prevent Your access to the Portal, and to make any deletions, amendments or additions to the Data at any time.
- You agree to comply with any amendments or additions to these Terms and also with any guidelines or policies relating to the use of the Portal, which the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA may from time to time publish.
- The laws and courts of England and Wales apply to these Terms.
- You are prohibited to access and use, or allow others to access and use the Portal to :
Materials provided by You must be supplied in accordance with any format requirements or guidelines from time to time published by the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA.
Upon receipt of certain materials from You, the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA will review the item to ascertain its suitability for addition. You undertake and represent to the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA that you have the necessary rights to provide any material to the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA for use on the Portal. Your provision of any materials to the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA for the Portal will be deemed to be an explicit licence to the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA to use your materials on the Portal as it sees fit and as otherwise detailed in these Terms.
The Skills Funding Agency and the EFA reserves the right to add, to modify, or to remove any item from the Portal (including any materials provided by You) from time to time at its absolute discretion, without liability to any party.
You agree to indemnify the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA against any losses, expenses, damages and claims which it may incur as a result of any failure by You to comply with Your obligations described in these Terms.
All copyright, trade marks, database rights and other intellectual property rights that may exist in the Portal, the Data and its content shall remain at all times the property of the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA or its third party licensors. The trade marks, service marks and logos used and displayed on the Portal ("Trade Marks") are registered or unregistered trade marks of the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA or its third party licensors. Nothing in these Terms should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any licence or right to use any Trade Mark without written permission from the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA or its third party licensors. The name of the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of Data without the prior written permission of the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA.
You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Content on the Portal or to use it for any purpose other than for your non-commercial use without the prior written permission of the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA.
- Conduct a personal business enterprise
- Share operational details, such as commercial intelligence.
- Conduct political activity and/or fund-raising
- Distribute or receive unauthorised copyright materials
- Make harassing or offensive statements, (including any debasement of race, sex, national origin, sexuality, age, disability, religious or political beliefs)
- Make libellous or derogatory comments
- Take any action which is unlawful
- Take any action which would expose the Portal to viruses
- Write anything that the author would not be happy to have read out in a court of law
All third party data published expresses the views of the author, and the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA are not responsible for the content of any data.
The Skills Funding Agency and the EFA may remove, suspend or amend the User's rights to access and use the Gateway in the event of a breach of these Terms. The decision of the Skills Funding Agency and the EFA in the event of such breach shall be final.